top of page

CIS Subcontractors

As a CIS subcontractor you will be required to file a self assessment tax return 

The Legislation

You should register for the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) if you work for a contractor and you’re one of the following:

  • Self-employed

  • The owner of a limited company

  • A partner in a partnership or trust

Under CIS, your employer (the contractor) must deduct 20% from your payments and pass it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

These deductions count as advance payments towards your tax and National Insurance bill.

If you do not register for the scheme, contractors must deduct 30% from your payments instead.

How can we help?

In many cases CIS subcontractors will be due a tax rebate following the end of a tax year (5th April). Generally these repayments are made between 2-4 weeks after your tax return has been submitted. We aim to turn the CIS returns immediately and have received rebate payments into our clients bank accounts as early as the 10th April.

We can:

  • Complete your tax return

  • File your return online

  • Claim Rebates

  • See what tax savings can be made

  • Minimise the risk of an HMRC enquiry

Our pricing is generally fixed with variations on price being dependent on the amount of bookkeeping (invoice/ receipt etc calculation) required. 

bottom of page